LV Premier homes are safe – At LVPremier we have implemented a very strict sanitation/ disinfection protocol- which follows recommendations by Portuguese/ European Health and Government authorities and Airbnb/ Booking.com recommendations. This means that all apartments are professionally cleaned and disinfected, all linen is professionally laundered at high temperatures, and towels are washed with an oxygen based disinfectant.
How can I get to Portugal ?
- All passengers arriving in Portugal on flights originating in EU countries, countries associated with the Schengen Area, from outside the EU must present a Vaccination or Recovery Certificate, or a test with a negative result for COVID-19, PCR carried out in 72 hours prior to departure and Antigen within 24 hours prior to departure. Check with your airline before boarding.
- If you enter Portugal via land border, regardless of the country of origin, you will have to present a digital certificate — being vaccinated, recovered from the disease or, in its absence, a negative test result (PCR or Antigen).
- Upon entry into national territory, the presentation of the EU Digital Covid Certificate in its three modalities or other duly recognized proof of vaccination is required. In its absence the test negative.
- Use of a mask: the mandatory use of a mask in closed spaces ended, which is only maintained in places frequented by especially vulnerable people”, such as health establishments, structures for the elderly, and also in places of high intensity of use and difficult ventilation, as are public transport for passengers, taxis and Uber.
- Self-isolation is necessary when a suspected or confirmed infection occurs. Portugal does not have a requirement that anyone does self isolation, unless you tested positive/have symptoms of COVID. All visitors should consult the Portuguese foreign office regarding specific requirements/ restrictions. Full information in English here
Can I get Travel Insurance covering COVID? Yes. PortugalTravelInsurance.com (a partnership between Turismo de Portugal and a private insurance company) sells a relatively inexpensive travel insurance that covers medical costs and stay extensions due to COVID. Other options may exist in your home country and will allow you to travel with confidence.
- Portugal Health Passport– In addition to the EU health Insurance Card providing normal medical services for EU nationals, there are now a number of packages of medical services in the best private Portuguese clinics available, to give you additional peace of mind. Info here
- What is changing for the stay?
- Check in- a mask/ face covering is needed for check in. Hand disinfection is also requested upon entry of the property. Self check in can be organized provided that client performs the check in online and provide us with a signed copy of the check in form prior to arrival
- In Stay Assistance– we continue to have our office in Lisbon open and our lines are the first step for assistance. Should one of our staff or a contractor be needed for a repair all parties should use face mask
- Check out- self check out at agreed time is preferred. If you require assistance we can do a in person check out
- Luggage storage. At this time bag storage will be very limited and should be discussed prior to arrival. In the event that we agree to hold your luggage, the external surfaces should be disinfected by the guest in our presence.
What if I get COVID symptoms during the stay: Portuguese health authorities mandate that you call the national health line- SNS 24 (808 24 24 24). They will triage the case and provide instructions about next steps. You also need to inform us (we can assist / translate with the SNS24 call). Informing us will start our contingency plan as required by Portuguese authorities.
- We highly advise you to get travel insurance to cover for any disruptions to your travel. As a small company, we will assist in everything we can, but we can not absorb the cost of extended stays due to disease and these should be handled by you or your travel insurance.
LV Premier Safe certifications:
- Airbnb Committed to Clean- we also joined the Airbnb “Committed to Clean” scheme, and follow the requirements which include exhaustive disinfection protocols
- Clean and Safe- Portugal started a certification scheme for lodging establishments. We apply the same protocol to all the properties. The difference is that we keep PPE supplies (gloves, masks, thermometers etc) available at a central location as opposed to being in the apartment as required for certification
Cleaning and sanitizing
We ensure the disinfection of the unit with special attention to high touch surfaces. Where possible, common areas are also frequently disinfected. We recommend frequent hand washing to reduce risk
We will and ask you to respect social distancing rules which recommend approx 2m distance. This is in line with international health directives and will provide protection for all
Our staff uses protection equipment for everyone’s safety. Alcohol gel is made available inside the apartments. We ask guests to comply with basic safety rules- using masks in common areas and frequent hand washing/disinfection.